Saturday, April 14, 2012

Update!

TJay is working for his new job at S3 Entertianment here in Park City. He really enjoys it and he gets full benefits and a raise in 90 days which were excited about. He works part time and lids in the tanger outlet mall.. he's not so happy about working that job but it's only until I start working full time in the salon! I only have 3 weeks left of school! I finish with my license by May 1st and then I walk in graduation May 3rd. I'm not done with school yet but it feels so good to be done with the busiest part!! I can finally start working! From my recent posts you've all heard they plan on shutting the Barbering/Cosmetology program down at SLCC which has been upsetting to me considering I chose that school for a reason and to see all the wonderful Instrustors I was blessed to meet and learn from and the inspiring students to our doing something for themselves as well as their family its heart breaking to me. So we put together a rally in which only 7 students attented. upsetting but maybe they'll rethink when they are left not to finish.. ABC4 news and Fox 13 was there.. Im sorry I will be truthful.. both of them were extremely rude and got my name wrong when I spelled it for them. They didnt cover the facts we gave them and they barley informed the community like we asked. Funny how nice they look on tv to how rude they can be in person. We had the Board of Trustee's meeting. They are over the college. They had their mind made up before we even got the chance to speak.. we were timed and had 2 min to explain why SLCC has the best barbering/ cosmetology program [Ranked 3rd in the nation and 1st in the nation for skills USA] but they could careless what we had to say. Jesslie Anderson, President of the Board of Trustees, said "the decision was not "hasty." but accelerated by the need to find new space for the program. She said "the board needs to focus on programs that give graduates an opportunity to "go out into the workforce and gain meaningful employment!" Not only did this hurt all of our intrustors by seeing this it also was a jab to her very own hairdresser. We were told this career choice only paid 8.75 an hour. I don't know any hairdresser who makes 8.75 an hour. Do you? 

This whole thing doesn't effect me in anyway but I was taught what is right and what is wrong and this is wrong.. I hope something can be done to save this program!!


No comments:

Post a Comment